Saturday, October 5, 2013

you and your sister


i was sitting on the bus on this rainy day
lost in the labyrinthine structure of my sorrow
when a little boy sat in front of me
and his little sister next to him
the little boy was wearing a bright yellow raincoat
with the tip of its sleeves rolled up 
so his tiny hands could emerge
(nobody not even the rain had such small hands!)

after further examination 
i realized he looked almost exactly like me when i was little

the boy kept staring and smiling at me
(possibly understanding our cosmic connection?)

boy, he even made me smile
just a little


epilogue:

the little boy and his sister later started making obscene gestures
looking at me and pointing towards their genitals
my bus stop appeared
this is where the old farts leave
i got off and went back into this rainy grey maze


2 comments:

  1. I haven't visited your blog in ages and I am not disappointed. Very nice writing...

    ReplyDelete