Monday, November 2, 2015

Autumnal evening (smile please)


I was quietly reading Jean Rhys’ unfinished autobiography in my dirty bathroom when my cat suddenly awoke in the living room.

She started meowing frenetically. All kinds of meows, punctuated by dozens of question marks: ?????? ???  like a child waking up from a nightmare and feeling abandoned at home.

She proceeded to move her meowing symphony closer to me, she entered the bathroom, put one paw against the bathtube, blinked her eyes and said:

‘i repent openly, i did not open my agenda this week and i just realized that i forgot the memorable 26th of October 1985. I blame myself for this thoughtlessness but to me days all look alike  and i’m sometimes trying to find out which day it is. So please accept, even a few days late, that i wish you from the bottom of my heart: 

happy birthday’

No comments:

Post a Comment